Driven to create a profitable and regenerative legacy for people, nature, and the built environment, Amanda brings an in-depth understanding of architecture and proven success at facilitating some of the most sustainable projects in the nation.
Core competencies include:
- creative and technical expertise in green building strategies and project design issues
- leadership in high-performance integrated design
- strong collaborative spirit and an inclusive solution-generating approach
- ability to inspire clients and achieve their vision within schedule and budget
- 60 LEED certifications including eight LEED-Platinum projects
As founder and Principal of GreeNexus Consulting, Amanda’s talent and passion direct the sustainable design efforts for a variety of project types including:
- higher education
- commercial office
- municipal facilities
Amanda leverages the expertise of project team members in a collective pursuit of holistic strategies best suited to the project goals. The result is award-winning projects and more than 4 million square feet of LEED-certified space.
Amanda’s design sensibilities and advocacy in the green building movement make her an active participant in the Texas and southern regional sustainable community. Amanda is the co-chair for the AIA Houston Committee on the Environment (COTE) and currently serves as the COTE regional team leader for the Gulf Coast and Southeast regions.
A recognized sustainability expert, Amanda performs third-party verification and influences policy changes. She wrote Appendix R to the Building Code for the City of Houston for guidelines that clarify the reuse of materials. Amanda lends her talents as a certified National Green Building Standard Verifier for The Home Innovation Research Lab (formerly NAHB), providing consultation and confirming compliance. In addition, Amanda is a third-party reviewer for the City of Dallas, Green Permitting Program.
Amanda encourages higher levels of achievement as an Ambassador for the International Living Future Institute (ILFI) and founder of the Houston-Galveston Living Building Challenge Collaborative. Chair of the Board and founder of Living Paradigm, Amanda leads this nonprofit organization’s efforts to form a low-income housing program utilizing salvaged resources. Further, she is a moderator for the AIA 2030 series and frequent presenter on sustainability and topics that promote innovation.
- Licensed Architect in the State of Texas, License #19728; NCARB #102445
- LEED® Accredited Professional BD+C, ID+C (New Construction and Commercial Interiors)
- Certified Permaculture Designer, 2008, Houston Permaculture Guild
- Certified Passive House Consultant (CPHC), Passive House Institute US
- Living Future Accredited (LFA)